01 August 2012

Everyday Beauty

I think I already mentioned how beautiful it was in the countryside. And I love that they see this all everyday. Kind like how we see Pikes Peak everyday and sometimes forget to notice its beauty.

A lot of houses have roses like this just growing like crazy. 
They don't have a scent but are so pretty to look at.

And, a lot of the houses are like super old, or look super old and cool. The rocks seem to be so brittle but they have held up a house for some time. Pretty cool and amazing.





I'm sure I already put these pics in but here they are again. We would pass this castle each time we went to Besancon. I would totally love to have a castle in my backyard, or just down the road. It's so picturesque, these pictures could be wall papers.


I absolutely loved the stunning views of the city. The pink rooftops reminded me of a renaissance town in Italy, not that I've ever been to Italy, but I know it looks like that in like, Florence or something. 
And it's really cool to think that some of these buildings were actually built back then, before the United States was even conceived.

The Citadell was really cool to see each time. I just wish I had gotten the chance to go to the top like the others. There's like a zoo up there and a Holocaust memorial and museum.

Oh, the lush, verdant, sylvan lands. (Go vocabulary!)

Oh how I wish I was here today!

2 comments:

  1. I see from the pile of mushrooms on your food post that you are not a fan...nor am I. Lush verdant sylvan! Yea, you!

    I know exactly what you mean about not actually seeing Pikes Peak even though you see it every day. I don't see it every day anymore, and I truly miss that.

    Do you ever read the things people write?

    Love from Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, yes of course I read what people write! I get an email saying that someone commented and so I read it.

      Oh, and mushrooms are totally not my thing. My sister used to cook them all the time and I would have to go outside because the smell would permeate throughout the house and into my room. Yuck!

      Delete