11 July 2013

Grevenberg

These photos are from when we took a hike up to Grevenberg, the ruins of a castle that overlooked the city. It was built in the 1300s and was destroyed in the 1700s. The hike up was pretty easy. I slipped a couple of times on the wet Mosel stone. It's black and is on all the buildings around here. I think it's a type of slate. Anyways, there is a nice biergarten at the top of the hill, but I never actually got to go there. It might have been closed by the time we got up there.










The men.



Oh, Jamie...




This is a memorial for some war against France. I think it was the Franco-Prussian war, but I'm not sure. Apparently the monuments always face in the direction of the enemy. In this case, the eagle is facing west, to France.

Well, that's all for now. More photos later!

No comments:

Post a Comment