06 July 2013

Finally home!

Photo time! I'll be posting photos little by little. Here's the first set.


This is a street somewhere in Traben Trarbach.


I love that the vineyards stretch up all the hills along the Mosel. The Romans who planted  the grapes and all the future wine growers sure did take advantage of the amount of space.


At the end of the street is the house I stayed at. Each of these vines is at least fifty years old. The leaves fall off in the winter time, but the branch stays. According to Robert, in the winter and fall, there are grapes all over the ground because they fall from the vines.


Can you believe the vines on this house??!! The vines even cover up the windows. It looks lovely, but it's a bit out of control.


This is the side of the tower that is attached to the house (on the left.) It was from the original wall that surrounded Trarbach. It belongs to the city and is closed up, so we never got to go inside. 


This is the Traben side along the Mosel.


Just more of the town.


This is the Catholic church just down the road from the house. It chimes bells all night long and all day long.


This is the house, built sometime in the mid 1800s.


I saw this vintage Jaguar and I really liked it.

That's all I have for now. I should probably catch up on sleep...night!

2 comments:

  1. I like it, where are you going next year? Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I'd like to find a summer program for college students where you go to another country and volunteer. I know they're out there so I'm gonna start looking so I can plan.

    ReplyDelete