08 July 2012

The largest monument in Paris

If you looked at every piece of art for 3 seconds in the Louvre, you would be there for three months.

Thankfully, but also unfortunately, I was only there for three hours. I got to see the Mona Lisa. OK, everybody says that she is tiny. I disagree. It's a decent sized painting. Not super big but not as small as every says. I also got to see the Madonna of Chancellor Rolin which is a Dutch oil painting by Jan Van Eyke. It was pretty cool . . .




The building itself is a work of art.




The pyramid was so intricate.


Everyone was gathered around two things, the Mona Lisa and this headless angel.

This one looked familiar.






Not sure why, but that guy has a cleaver through his head. Maybe he upset somebody.



This one was cool. It was like a ginormous Last Supper. 



This is my friend Mona. She is visited by a bunch of people each day. 
I tried to get a shot with her but there were too many people.


The Coronation of Napoleon. There was a copy of it at Versailles but it was a fake because one of the girls in white on the left side was wearing a pink dress. In this one, the original, all the girls are wearing white.

Here you can see a close up of Napoleon crowning himself.


Again, the building itself was art.

I really liked this one. It is the temptation of Jesus. I love that Satan is darker and Jesus is lighter. 
Everything has meaning in art.






Jan Van Eyke and his Madonna of Chancellor Rolin. I love the Dutch oil paintings because of the intricacy. My favorite of his was the Arnolfini Portrait which wasn't in the Louvre.


These two were from the same painting. I just didn't think I'd be doing it justice by getting it in one blurry piece, so I chopped it in half.




That was my time at the Louvre. After we took this last shot, some lady asked me to take her picture. I did it for her but I told my friends I would NEVER do that with my own camera. Someone could easily walk away with my camera and all its pictures. I could have easily walked away with her camera. . . I didn't though. I guess people just trust others too much. Either that or I just look very innocent. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment