18 July 2012

Oh what a night

Late December back in '63
What a very special time for me . . . Love that song

Here are pictures from when we went on a boat ride on the Seine at sunset.

This is Henry IV, the father of Louis XIII, who built Pont Neuf.

This is what most of riverside Paris looks like.



These are the heads of Pont Neuf. There are like 300 or so and each is different. Pont Neuf is the oldest bridge in Paris, despite its misleading name which means New Bridge.

I'm on a boat . . . with my most favorite travel-buddy Meghan.

I think this is Pont des Arts, the original lock bridge, I think.


Another bridge

My homeboy TJ, from the back.


The statues of Pont Alexandre III and the Eiffel Tower.

Pont Alexandre III

This is the flame that represents the French/American alliance, with part of Sacre Coeur in the background. My dumb camera was too slow to get it all.

As the sun was setting, the sunlight was so golden, and it just hit everything on top of the trees. So pretty!

My favorite bridge. You know it as Pont Alexandre III

I think this is the American church of Paris.


Le Grand Palais

A statue on Pont Alexandre III

I didn't meant to get a pic of her, but this is our guide. I don't remember her name but she was pretty cool. She would say everything in French then in English, which was almost perfect. I was pretty proud of myself because I understood most of her French. She spoke very slowly, which helped.




Sunsets in Paris, and the rest of France for that matter, don't necessarily mean that it will get dark soon. In Paris, it like never got dark, and in eastern France it got dark at like 2 or  in the morning. I really wanted to see the stars but the only time I remembered to look up was the last night I was there and I had to go to bed early. I definitely wasn't expecting long days. I guess France is further north, like in latitude, but it's no different than like New York. Right?

This is the smallest house in Paris.

Pont Neuf

Notre Dame and Le Petit Pont, which is the smallest bridge in Paris. Our guide said be careful, it has already collapsed like thirteen times.


The setting sun, in French, coucher du soleil, literally meaning the sun putting itself to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment