14 July 2012

Red light and THE light

So, after the Eiffel Tower and Pere Lachaise, we visited the Red Light District, home to Moulin Rouge and many adult-type stores. And yes, we were set free in this area. It was pretty cool. Franck pointed out a street that has a lot of cool shops to see, like cheese and chocolate shops.

This is one of the famous Metro signs.

Our first view of the red windmill. It's funny, Franck's head is in a bunch of my pictures as well as another French teacher from Georgia I think, named Christophe. He was like really tall.

A closer look.

There was this wind platform thing right across the street from Moulin Rouge. I tried to look like a model but I'm nothing compared to the lady behind me. Talk about a diva!

Maureen and I as models.


This was an eccentric little shop where I bought a deck of cards that are sort of long, like Tarot cards, and have 100 Euro bills on the back. Pretty cool shop.

This is a t-shirt that I so should have bought.


This was an appetizer we had before dinner that day. Interesting stuff.
After Moulin Rouge, we walked up a ginormous hill called Montmartre, meaning Martyr Mountain, which has Sacre Coeur on top. Franck explained to us how new the church is and how the french aren't really the impressed by it. I was.





GOAT!!!













You aren't allowed to take pictures inside, which was kinda nice because you could soak it all in instead of trying to take decent pics. And, I'm not sure, I would be able to do any justice to the amazing mosaics inside.
That's all for now.  :p

No comments:

Post a Comment