16 June 2012

Feeling amazed and blessed

So, on Thursday I went to Le Source du Lison, Le Pont du Diable and Montmahoux. On Friday, I went to Switzerland. We visited La Vue des Alpes, Murten-a wall city, Neuchatel and Lac de Neuchatel, and Berne. The views are breathtaking. I still cannot believe that I am here. I feel so blessed that I have been able to stay with such nice families. I also love that I have a local guide 24/7 to show me the really cool stuff. Every time I see something beautiful (which is like everyday) I thank God that I made it here to experience another culture.

Here are my pics from the past two days.




From the Source du Lison. There was a lot of water because it had just rained the day before.


An awesome picture of trees that I took, yes I took this. Oh and if you didn't know already, if you click on the photos, you can see them in a larger view and scroll through the ones from a certain post.


The Billiard, which looks like billiards because the water eventually goes down into a hole, like the ball in a billiards game.


Le Pont du Diable, see the previous post for the legend. It was beautiful but this isn't the original bridge. The original was made of wood and probably deteriorated long ago.


Le Diable


The view from Montmahoux. I took a panorama pic but it's took big to fit on one page.


This is Mont Blanc, the highest mountain in France. Usually it's really hard to see it, but I got lucky. At first I thought it was clouds but then I saw the peak. I can now say I saw the Alps!!!!


The view again from Montmahoux.


The hill is used as a church sometimes, and missionaries put this cross here. I loved that it overlooked the countryside. So beautiful!


The Alps from Switzerland


This is a castle in Switzerland that Picasso once owned and lived in.


The Alps! It was a bit hazy because of the clouds but if you look really close you can see them!



The city of Neuchatel and Lac de Neuchatel


The Alps again in the distance


The city of Neuchatel again

Strawberry fields forever . . .


The clock and wall of Murten


The view of Lac Neuchatel from the wall at Murten


The Alps!!!


Berne, the capital of Switzerland means bear. So, they have a bear santuary in the middle of town. This was my favorite pic.


Not sure why, but the water in Berne was super blue, so beautiful!


Me, Maureen and Adélaide put our feet in the cold water. it felt so good because it was like 90°!!!


Berne and the blue water. I should also add that Berne is probably the only city with two layers of shops. You have the ground layer and then there are these cellar type things that open up and you can go underground. Pretty cool! I also bought some Swiss ice cream. So good! The Swiss aren't really known for their ice cream but any ice cream is good ice cream for me!



The Alps again


An old Roman castle in Luisanne (I think thats where it was). I tried to get a good pic so Dad could see the details in the stone.


This is a midget we met along the way at the Roman Theatre ruins. Actually, it's just Maureen, but she looks like an ant.

1 comment:

  1. Nene, must I say that you are one lucky duck!!!!! I can't wait to see all the pictures you took of the trip because I know you must be taking hundreds or maybe thousands and these aren't even the half of it! Hope you're having fun!

    Love you and miss you
    Myardi

    ReplyDelete